Have you checked out Bead-Treat yet? Yes – great! You already know about all the opportunities that await you! No? Please, let me tell you more!
If you’re not aware of Bead-Treat, it is a three-day jewellery-making retreat in London, Ontario, and will take place Friday, May 4 to Sunday, May 6. Participants will learn three exciting techniques – chainmaille with Marilyn Gardiner, geometric peyote with Pamela Kearns, and Cavandoli tapestry with Angela Peace.
But why attend Bead-Treat? Here’s why!
1. Discover new friends. When like-minded individuals come together, there is sure to be bonding and friendships formed. In each class and activity, you’ll be part of the conversation and chatter. You may discover that others have lots in common with you! If you register with a friend, we’ll do our best to keep friends together as you take classes.
2. You can set your day-to-day cares aside for three days. Imagine not having to get up and make breakfast – or wash the dishes! Food and other amenities (like accommodations) are on-site at Fanshawe College or nearby within London.
3. Learn new skills. Yes, as a registered participant you will take all three exciting classes with our three instructors – all materials included! Each class is designed for students of all levels – from beginners to experienced. You can also see demos and be able to try your hand with some of BeadFX’s products in our common area.
4. Kick-start your creativity. Pin-it Canada will be going on at the same time as Bead-Treat and you’ll have full FREE access to vendors in other areas of ‘creative making’ including mixed media, painting, and fibrework.
5. Go shopping! In addition to products from BeadFX available in the retreat and on the trade show floor, each of our instructors will have trunk sales that you can peruse and shop, including chainmaille kits from Marilyn; peyote patterns and kits from Pamela; and Cavandoli patterns, kits and supplies from Angela!
One more great reason to register today: Early Bird Special! If you register by February 15, you’ll be able to enjoy Bead-Treat for only $400 + HST – that’s a savings of $50!
As a recap, your Bead-Treat weekend includes:
- Instruction in all three classes with Marilyn Gardiner, Pamela Kearns and Angela Peace
- One project kit in each class, as per the course description
- Exclusive Trunk Show displays with each instructor
- BeadFX on-site store with supplies
- A welcome gift goodie bag
- Participation in Friday evenings Meet and Greet with instructors and sponsors
- Access to Saturdays open session hosted by BeadFX during which time you can work on your projects, try product demos or just chill.
- Unlimited coffee/tea/cold drinks/water and snacks during class times and Saturdays open session
- Unlimited access to Pin-It Canada where you can explore other creative possibilities!
Please note that your registration does not include accommodations or meals (breakfast, lunch or dinner); however, you can arrange accommodations directly with Fanshawe College. Click here for more info.